[aur-general] Removal package request

Lukáš Jirkovský l.jirkovsky at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 10:45:31 CET 2010

On 10 March 2010 10:37, Daniel Isenmann <daniel.isenmann at gmx.de> wrote:

> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>> Datum: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 02:33:41 -0600
>> Von: "Daniel J Griffiths (Ghost1227)" <ghost1227 at archlinux.us>
>> An: "Discussion about the Arch User Repository (AUR)" <aur-general at archlinux.org>
>> Betreff: Re: [aur-general] Removal package request

>> > Done. Totally useless package.
>> Now i'm really curious... what was it?
>> --
>
> It was a package with an 1GB included "patch" file. But the so called "patch" wasn't in text form, it was something in binary form. Maybe we were misused as file hoster or somebody just tested something.
> --
> Sicherer, schneller und einfacher. Die aktuellen Internet-Browser -
> jetzt kostenlos herunterladen! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/atbrowser

When it first appeared (it was yesterday) it was empty PKGBUILD with
description "I'm not trollin" and foo.patch which had 256MB. The patch
seemed to be an empty file (like dd if=/dev/zero of=file). I thought
the uploader will ask for deletion soon but I didn't see anyone asking
for deletion of the package so I checked it on the AUR. It was there
but the patch had 1GB! So I asked for deletion myself.

Lukas