[aur-general] Package Removal Request: dzlad-git

Thorsten Töpper atsutane at freethoughts.de
Mon Mar 15 21:58:03 CET 2010

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 00:47:54 +0800
Ray Rashif <schivmeister at gmail.com> wrote:
> It looked like "there's no such thing as a release anymore" from the
> following phrase:
>
> "now pulls from git"
>
> So it's a special exception whereby the package may not have a source
> but can download from a VCS. But since the author is the maintainer
> from the looks of it, he just reverted back to making releases, so
> it's all good :)

Even then I think the VCS name is the better selection, because as in
this case the stable releases may reappear. Also it makes clear which
packages have to be rebuild every run of a script that builds a local
repo at the users machine.

--
Jabber: atsutane at freethoughts.de Blog: http://atsutane.freethoughts.de/
Key: 295AFBF4     FP: 39F8 80E5 0E49 A4D1 1341 E8F9 39E4 F17F 295A FBF4