[aur-general] package version with hyphen

Hervé Cauwelier herve at oursours.net
Mon Mar 29 16:22:44 CEST 2010

On 03/29/10 16:08, Michael Wigren wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 16:01 +0200, Hervé Cauwelier wrote:

>>> If you look at the PKGBUILD manpage, it explicitly says that - is not
>>> a legal character in pkgver and to use _ instead.
>>
>> Is my English so bad or you didn't read my entire message? That's
>> exactly what I did and wrote.
>>
>> I drop my request before replies get worse.
>>
>> Thanks anyway.
>>

> Hyphens are forbidden, as you have said. Please use an underscore in
> place of a hyphen (i.e. 1.0_beta in place of 1.0-beta).

WTF? I wrote I already did that you moron. You can tell it 10 times, I
don't need a fucking advice about what I ALREADY did, I asked about how
to do it better.

If you reply to people without even reading the ENTIRE message, we both
lose time.

Sorry for being rude but it had to go out.

And as expected, the next reply was worse.

--
Hervé Cauwelier