[aur-general] package version with hyphen

Ray Rashif schivmeister at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 16:37:12 CEST 2010

On 29/03/2010, Hervé Cauwelier <herve at oursours.net> wrote:
> On 03/29/10 16:08, Michael Wigren wrote:

>>> Is my English so bad or you didn't read my entire message? That's
>>> exactly what I did and wrote.
>>>
>>> I drop my request before replies get worse.
>>>
>>> Thanks anyway.
>>>

>> Hyphens are forbidden, as you have said. Please use an underscore in
>> place of a hyphen (i.e. 1.0_beta in place of 1.0-beta).
>>

> WTF? I wrote I already did that you moron. You can tell it 10 times, I
> don't need a fucking advice about what I ALREADY did, I asked about how
> to do it better.
>
> If you reply to people without even reading the ENTIRE message, we both
> lose time.
>
> Sorry for being rude but it had to go out.
>
> And as expected, the next reply was worse.

Note:

_pkgver=1.0-beta
pkgver=${pkgver/-/_}

as displayed here indicates a typo at line 2, which when fixed would look like:

pkgver=${_pkgver/-/_}

A better way to handle that would be to handle that in a simpler way:

pkgver=1.0_beta
_pkgver=1.0-beta

That's all there is to it, there isn't anymore.

--
GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD