[aur-general] PKGBUILD-git that actually works with branches

Philipp hollunder at lavabit.com
Fri May 28 11:24:52 EDT 2010

Hi there.
According to http://www.archlinux.org/pacman/PKGBUILD.5.html
PKGBUILD-git.proto should work with git branches, but it doesn't.

I did have quite some trouble to get it to work as expected, but
eventually it was scj7t4 on IRC who wrote a working script for me.

I'd really love to spare other packagers that trouble and would like to
get the improved script into PKGBUILD-git.proto.

I merged it with the original PKGBUILD-git.proto and hope it's fine this
way, but please feel free to make any changes necessary.

http://pastebin.com/deqgqjJe
--

Regards,
Philipp

-----
"Wir stehen selbst enttäuscht und sehn betroffen / Den Vorhang zu und alle Fragen offen." Bertolt Brecht, Der gute Mensch von Sezuan