[aur-general] [community] repository cleanup

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 17:13:47 CET 2010

On Tue, 2010-11-16 at 16:08 +0100, Philipp Überbacher wrote:
> My point in short:
> Arch is great as long most packages you need are binaries and only some
> are from source.
> If Arch requires you to build lots of packages from source it's the
> worst of both worlds.

Have you seen the list of software getting moved? I've only seen one
person describe them collectively as 'many important' packages. Almost
none of which I've heard of before, of course....

This thread started with the assertion that 'many important' packages
are getting moved to the AUR. I believe this assertion to be false, as,
obviously, do the devs. Historically from reading [arch-dev-public] the
devs have been careful to continue maintaining packages none of them use
if its seen as crucial to a large majority of users. None of the
packages being moved fit these criteria. At all.