[aur-general] Various new packages in [community]

Thorsten Töpper atsutane at freethoughts.de
Wed Nov 17 20:01:48 CET 2010

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 02:03:14 +0100
Gaetan Bisson <bisson at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Dear TUs,
>
> I'm Gaetan, a (discreet) junior dev, mentored by Allan. I recently got
> access to sigurd and thought I would use that opportunity to maintain
> in [community] a few packages I have been maintaining on the AUR so
> far, but which are just a bit too unpopular to go to [extra]:
>
> pari (fast advanced calculator)
>
> dnstracer (DNS diagnosis tool)
>
> collectd (performance collecting daemon)
>
> They have over thirty votes each.
>
> Is it okay by everyone?
>
> Cheers.

You are Devs (kinda), I assume from that, that you are a trustworthy
person as the people we all trust(devs) trust you.

I see no problem with you maintaining a few packages in [community] as
long as you - like this - say what you want to move in or out to/of the
repository and wait at least 24h for feedback from TU side. If nothing
happens, pick 2 or 3 directly and ask them, they shall just send a
public yes or no, the reason can be kept private as long as you know it.

If you break something by accident we simply blame Allan as it's common.

Regards
Thorsten
--
Jabber: atsutane at freethoughts.de Blog: http://atsutane.freethoughts.de/
Key: 295AFBF4     FP: 39F8 80E5 0E49 A4D1 1341 E8F9 39E4 F17F 295A FBF4