[aur-general] AUR Improvement Thread

Kaiting Chen kaitocracy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 20:32:58 CET 2010

> Thanks for thinking about AUR, tough I don't like most of your
> proposals. ;-)

That's fine. That's why I asked. I like most of my proposals but I've been
around long enough to realize that what I like and what other people like
are usually different.

I really would like to see some sort of integrated VCS system though. It's
easy to tell what a new release in the official repositories contains by
using the SVN interface. No such thing exists for the AUR. Couple this with
the fact that it's more trouble to build + install than just pacman -Syu,
it's often difficult to determine whether or not one should update when an
update is pushed to the AUR. --Kaiting.

--
Kiwis and Limes: http://kaitocracy.blogspot.com/