[aur-general] Cleanup regarding Gens (Genesis emulator) packages

Try Again tryagainprod at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 15:59:49 EDT 2010

Hi,

As Gens (which contains i386 asm code) is now compilable on x86_64 thanks to
multilib packages, I wrote updated PKGBUILDs for gens and gens-gs (a fork of
gens). However, many entries in the AUR provide Gens but are somewhat dead
or abandoned. So, here are my requests :

- first, gens-opengl, gens-mythgame-opengl, gens-cvs, bin32-gens should be
deleted. Theirs sources are unreachable and OpenGL support is integrated in
gens-gs.
- secondly, I would like to adopt gens-gs. Its maintainer did not answer to
our multiple requests for updating the sources URL. On the other end, the
maintainer of gens still seems active, so I'll try to contact him.
- finally, if I adopt and update gens-gs, bin32-gens-gs becomes useless.

AUR URLs :
- gens-opengl: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=1463
- gens-mythgame-opengl: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=10966
- gens-cvs: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=691