[aur-general] Cleanup regarding Gens (Genesis emulator) packages

Lukáš Jirkovský l.jirkovsky at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 02:19:44 EDT 2010

On 11 October 2010 21:59, Try Again <tryagainprod at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As Gens (which contains i386 asm code) is now compilable on x86_64 thanks to
> multilib packages, I wrote updated PKGBUILDs for gens and gens-gs (a fork of
> gens). However, many entries in the AUR provide Gens but are somewhat dead
> or abandoned. So, here are my requests :
>
> - first, gens-opengl, gens-mythgame-opengl, gens-cvs, bin32-gens should be
> deleted. Theirs sources are unreachable and OpenGL support is integrated in
> gens-gs.
> - secondly, I would like to adopt gens-gs. Its maintainer did not answer to
> our multiple requests for updating the sources URL. On the other end, the
> maintainer of gens still seems active, so I'll try to contact him.
> - finally, if I adopt and update gens-gs, bin32-gens-gs becomes useless.
>
> AUR URLs :
> - gens-opengl: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=1463

Deleted

> - gens-mythgame-opengl: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=10966

Deleted

> - gens-cvs: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=691

Deleted, there's nothing on CVS on sourceforge and it seems there is
not any gebs' CVS server anyway. I also orphaned the other package of
it's maintainer, because his last activity was three years ago and
both his packages are terribly out of date.

> - bin32-gens: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=19663

I'll delete this one when the gens package gets updated.

> - gens-gs: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=21612

Did you emailed it's maintainer? It's possible he doesn't have email
notifications enabled.

> - bin32-gens-gs: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=24073

The same as for bin32-gens.

Thank you,