[aur-general] deleted package?

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 11:15:30 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-09-06 at 16:07 +0200, Heiko Baums wrote:
> Am Mon, 06 Sep 2010 10:03:28 +0200
> schrieb Hervé Cauwelier <herve at oursours.net>:
>
> > Thanks, I'll install flashplugin-native64.
>
> I'd suggest first reading the package description:
> "... [WARNING!!! known security vulnerabilities]"
>
> flashplugin-native64 is an old and outdated version which has several
> security issues as also discussed on the Arch mailing lists.
>
> You'd better install flashplugin from [multilib] if you really need
> flash.
>
> Btw., I'm not sure if it is not better to remove the package
> flashplugin-native64 from AUR due to these vulnerabilities.
>
> Heiko

I think Arch users should be well-informed enough to make the decision
for themselves. Its not like flashblock and the like are rocket-science,
after all, and some people do have issues with nspluginwrapper (that was
one of the reasons I was so happy when Adobe first came out with 64-bit
flashplugin).