[aur-general] voting period: Brad Fanella

Peter Lewis pete at muddygoat.org
Mon Sep 6 16:54:44 EDT 2010

On Monday 06 September 2010 at 01:39 Loui Chang wrote:
> On Sun 05 Sep 2010 10:20 +0000, Xyne wrote:
> > Loui Chang wrote:
> > > I had thought this at one point, but they actually don't amount to the
> > > same thing. An abstain vote counts for quorum but it doesn't count
> > > against the majority. As long as quorum is met a proposal could pass
> > > with one yes vote, and all the rest abstains, but it could not pass
> > > with one yes vote and all the rest no votes.
> >
> > Should a single "yes" vote really be enough to make someone a "trusted"
> > user?
>
> If no one else cares to voice an opinion, then yes.

I suppose this would only happen if *no-one* voiced a "no" opinion, meaning
that our definition of "trust" comes down to a question of burden of proof.

Should someone be required to have a minimum proportion of "yes" votes to be
counted as "trusted" or should it be enough that no-one really thought that
they weren't to be trusted?

Have there ever been any "betrayals" of trust? (i.e. has any TU ever abused
privileges?)

Pete.