[aur-general] Why is aur.archlinux.org so slow? :(

Ronald van Haren pressh at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 07:27:45 EDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 1:22 PM, Nathan Wayde <kumyco at konnichi.com> wrote:
> On 10/09/10 12:17, Ronald van Haren wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> sure it it, that is where the community repo is stored...
>>
>> Ronald
>>

> I'm not sure I follow you. The community repo AFAIK is just like the other
> official except that it and community-testing is managed by TUs while the
> others are managed by the Arch devs.

You do notice that half of the people, including the one started this
thread is either TU, DEV, or both?
Packages to the community repo are uploaded to the aur.archlinux.org
server, whereas packages for the official repos are uploaded to
gerolde.archlinux.org.

> That fact is still irrelevant however, as users can't upload anything to any
> of the repos. Users don't even use from ftp.archliux.org as a mirror - or at
> least the idea is that they shouldn't.

Well, as said,Sven-Hendrik is a TU.

Ronald