[aur-general] The Arch Way

Christoph chrdr at gmx.at
Sat Sep 11 03:00:36 EDT 2010

Am Freitag, 10. September 2010, 21:59:47 schrieb Ng Oon-Ee:
> On Fri, 2010-09-10 at 19:22 +0200, Ulf Winkelvos wrote:
> > >
> > > That describes the situation very well. Moreover, the debs contain a
> > > .desktop and a .png file, whereas the zip file does not, and the zip
> > > version looks for the configuration file in some sub-sub-subfolder,
> > > not in /etc.
> > >
> > > Christoph
> >
> > You should consider option 4, like Philipp suggested, until then i don't
> > see how option 2 should be any better than option 3.
> >
> > Ulf
>
> You mean besides the fact that 'debs are evil-er than zips'?
>
> Something about that 'data' folder is really bad =)

For the time being I have uploaded a PKGBUILD based on option 3. According to
Philips suggestion I am going to ask upstream for a source tarball not needing
eclipse to build, but I am not very optimistic. I think that if they had
wanted to issue such a tarball, they would already have done so.

Nevertheless, I'll give it a try.

Thanks for all your replies and suggestions.

Cheers, Christoph