[aur-general] Removal request (aurdupes output 2010-09-15)

Jakob Gruber jakob.gruber at kabelnet.at
Sun Sep 19 08:20:13 EDT 2010

On Sunday 19 September 2010 04:31:53 Lukas Fleischer wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 10:22:52PM -0400, Daenyth Blank wrote:
> > It's definitely got some margin for error. What does the dupes script
> > check? pkgname?
>
> Yep, it checks for duplicate package names in the official repos and the
> AUR, see [1]. It'll output duplicate package names and, optionally, AUR
> links to affected packes. Of course, packages will always have to be
> checked manually before removing but since AUR packages usually should
> *never* have the same name as packages in the official repos, this
> shouldn't be a big deal...
>
> It would just be much easier if any TU would do that. No need for
> constant additional removal requests via aur-general.
>
> [1] http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=40869

I've also played around with automated AUR quality checks on dumps of the SQL
DB. Looking at things like 'flagged out of date' and 'date of last action on
package', I initially came up with around 500-1000 packages that should be
either disowned or deleted.

I was thinking about defining a few SQL queries which would run regularly and
could report things like

 * duplicates (by name AND by other criteria such as sources)
 * out of date packages with no maintainer action since some date threshold
 * maintainers with the most out of date packages
 * maintainers with no action since some date threshold
 * ...

These could be checked by a TU / posted to the ML before some automated action
is taken.

What do you guys think about this?