[aur-general] Removal request (aurdupes output 2010-09-15)

Lukas Fleischer archlinux at cryptocrack.de
Sun Sep 19 08:29:46 EDT 2010

On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 02:20:13PM +0200, Jakob Gruber wrote:
> I've also played around with automated AUR quality checks on dumps of the SQL
> DB. Looking at things like 'flagged out of date' and 'date of last action on
> package', I initially came up with around 500-1000 packages that should be
> either disowned or deleted.

Sounds good to me.

> I was thinking about defining a few SQL queries which would run regularly and
> could report things like
>
>  * duplicates (by name AND by other criteria such as sources)

Checking sources is not that good imho. There's a bunch of packages that
use the same sources as other official/AUR packages but provide
completely different features (e.g. extract an SDK from the source
tarball). If there was something like that, there should be a manual
filter or something to automatically ignore such packages.

>  * out of date packages with no maintainer action since some date threshold
>  * maintainers with the most out of date packages
>  * maintainers with no action since some date threshold

Sounds good, but as you said before, all packages should be checked
before removal in any case.