[aur-general] AUR - 'kernel26' search results

Ulf Winkelvos ulf at winkelvos.de
Mon Sep 20 20:22:55 EDT 2010

On 20.09.2010 23:11, Peter Lewis wrote:
> On Monday 20 September 2010 at 21:56 Thorsten Töpper wrote:
>> I fully agree with Heiko, there should be no automation at all, the
>> furthest step scripts should do, is to notify us TUs that we should
>> take a look at something and operate accordingly.
>
> I agree too. I do think though that there is room though to standardise some
> of the processes through the use of scripts / buttons on the AUR (like
> proposing deletion to the TUs), for example to ensure that package names and
> links are always in the email and that one of the stated legitimate reasons
> applies. These should be designed to support the already agreed practice /
> process.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Pete.

Hi,

i also think automation is not the way to go. but the aur could be a lot
more userfriendly. 3 things come to my mind:

1) removal request button - for the mainatiner only.
different users
3) orphran request button - needs 1 vote or a percentage of total usage
votes - is only available when the package is flaged out of date for
7-14 days.

all requests are send to the mailing list. So TUs still have full
control, but ist pretty handy for users that are not on the ml.

Another thing: Multiple maintainers would be realy nice... although
anybody should put more thought into that, as it could easily become
pretty messy.

Cool think, i just can't make up a usecase for:
http://mozillalabs.com/skywriter/

Cheers, Ulf