[aur-general] AUR - 'kernel26' search results

Jonathan Conder jonno.conder+arch at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 09:20:23 EDT 2010

  On 22/09/10 00:23, Xyne wrote:
> Building on this idea, the package page could include a button named "notify
> maintainer". This would link to a form that allows a user to send a message to
> the maintainer, e.g. "please add x86_64" to the PKGBUILD. If the package isn't
> updated in e.g. 2 weeks, the "notify maintainer" button would be replaced by a
> "request adoption" button.

It would be nice to have something like this, like what we have on the
forums, rather than having a plaintext email address exposed on the
account.php page. If the user really wants to email the maintainer
directly they could just look at a PKGBUILD.

On an unrelated note, does anyone else have problems with the MIME types
on the AUR server? This is the header I get when downloading a tarball:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 10:52:28 GMT
Server: lighttpd/1.4.28

The MIME type for gzipped tarballs on my system is
application/x-compressed-tar. It's kinda annoying because Firefox gets
confused and decides it can't open the tarball. I might try to fix it
myself at some later stage, but I'm really snowed under at the moment.

Jonathan