[aur-general] Mime Types

Loui Chang louipc.ist at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 21:11:26 EDT 2010

On Wed 22 Sep 2010 01:20 +1200, Jonathan Conder wrote:
>  On 22/09/10 00:23, Xyne wrote:
> >Building on this idea, the package page could include a button named
> >"notify maintainer". This would link to a form that allows a user to
> >send a message to the maintainer, e.g. "please add x86_64" to the
> >PKGBUILD. If the package isn't updated in e.g. 2 weeks, the "notify
> >maintainer" button would be replaced by a "request adoption" button.
> >
> It would be nice to have something like this, like what we have on
> the forums, rather than having a plaintext email address exposed on
> the account.php page. If the user really wants to email the
> maintainer directly they could just look at a PKGBUILD.
>
> On an unrelated note, does anyone else have problems with the MIME
> types on the AUR server? This is the header I get when downloading a
> tarball:
>
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 10:52:28 GMT
> Server: lighttpd/1.4.28
>
> The MIME type for gzipped tarballs on my system is
> application/x-compressed-tar. It's kinda annoying because Firefox
> gets confused and decides it can't open the tarball. I might try to
> fix it myself at some later stage, but I'm really snowed under at
> the moment.

Interesting. Where is that set on your system?

This whole mime type thing is a bit of a mess eh?
I guess it's kind of hard to rely on non-standard mime types.
Is there some kind of auxiliary non IETF standard?

You can find the mime types that Firefox uses in:
/home/<username>/.mozilla/firefox/<profileid>/mimeTypes.rdf

Cheers.