[aur-general] AUR cleanup (was: Removal request (aurdupes output 2010-09-15))

Jakob Gruber jakob.gruber at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 07:26:07 EDT 2010

  Here are some initial results from a recent dump of the DB:

----------------------

1) packages which are marked 'out of date' but the last action date [1]
is < 2009

http://pastebin.com/GVPYcvLC

2) maintainers with last action date across all owned packages < 2009

http://pastebin.com/9ja2fXqY

3) packages owned by maintainers from the previous query

http://pastebin.com/sWdEbrsS

Lists 1 and 3 overlap, so we have between 1000 and 1500 packages to check.

I'd suggest waiting a week or 2 to give people a chance to look over
these lists and raise objections. Afterwards we could either orphan
these packages in the DB itself (if our admins agree) or start going
through these packages manually.

Any ideas? Objections?

schuay

[1] last action date is either the date of the last modification, or if
a package has never been modified the date of submission