[aur-general] Orphaning request - chromium-beta and clamav-devel

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Thu Sep 23 19:47:40 EDT 2010

Am Thu, 23 Sep 2010 16:34:42 -0700
schrieb Smartboy <smartboyathome at gmail.com>:

> The reason I've seen against that is that someone could edit a
> PKGBUILD in order to include malicious content (not like they
> couldn't do it already, though only with new/orphaned packages).
> Overall I do think that the ability to allow multiple maintainers
> would be a good idea since it allows for group collaboration (similar
> to how subversion repositories allow multiple maintainers).

This is one of the reasons why I think that multiple maintainers can
make sense, but a second and further maintainers may only be added by
the first, original maintainer.

Not everyone (people like Det) should be able to request a second
maintenance of a package just because he is just impatient.

Heiko