[aur-general] [deletion request] python-restkit

Baptiste zerstorer at free.fr
Sun Apr 3 15:40:47 EDT 2011

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 07:22, Rémy Oudompheng <remyoudompheng at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why delete restkit-git if there is no replacement for it? Was it
> broken? How do I know how to create python2-restkit-git if I need it?
> Why didn't you create it yourself?

By out-of-date, I also meant broken : those two packages were not
working anymore because of the py3k transition.
I didn't create the -git package simply because I don't need it : the
release frequency is high enough for me to stay up-to-date with the
latest changes without using the git repo.

> +1. These should not be deleted just for naming conventions, unless
> there is another package in conflict with it. I know the packages work
> since I use py-restkit almost daily.

As I said, it was not _only_ naming convention ;)
I guess you were not using any of the two deleted packages, since they
were broken.

> Since they've already been deleted, Baptiste, can you upload proper
> replacements?

I've just uploaded `python2-restkit-git'. Sorry for the trouble.

--
GNU/Linux fan && Archlinux user