[aur-general] Web-client for emails: [WAS:Reflector]

Oon-Ee Ng ngoonee.talk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 06:00:21 EDT 2011

Re-subject - this is going OT.

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 5:52 PM, Peter Lewis <plewis at aur.archlinux.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 04 Apr 2011, Oon-Ee Ng wrote:
>> I'll correct myself then, gmail+pentadactyl does not like the
>> combination of mailing lists I'm on. Some of them are badly configured
>> (thankfully none of the Arch ones) and have to be used with
>> reply-to-all, hence sometimes I press the wrong button, not
>> remembering which list I'm on.
>>
>> When I was using Evolution it was easy, Ctrl-L (reply-to-list) did
>> everything for me, but with web gmail there's no such button and I
>> have to remember whether to reply/reply-all depending on the list.
>> I'll try not to make the mistake again =).
>
> Umm... then don't use it, then, in favour of a client that works?
>
> Seriously though, I've never used GMail, but I see so many people on various
> lists apologising for the way it handles email. Just don't do it, kids.
>
> </blowtorch>

Gmail's web interface has THE best approach to threading. Ever. If you
have any other suggestion (web client or linux desktop client) which
comes anywhere close please let me know. Evolution's threading just
doesn't cut it, thunderbird's new one is close, but thunderbird is
basically a mouse-only interface, the keyboard shortcuts are so
horrific (and muttator is an abortion of a project AFAICS).

I've spent quite some time exploring the options, and settled on this.
Ideas always welcome, of course.