[aur-general] Private mailing list for TUs?

keenerd keenerd at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 14:00:58 EDT 2011

>> Ionut Biru <ibiru at archlinux.org> wrote:
>>> >

>>> I reject the idea.

Bluewind talked a little bit of sense into me.  There are two types of
of private chatter:  first is informal conversations among friends.  I
can see why people would want a safe non-professional place for that.
IRC is great for shooting the breeze.

The second amounts to internal TU discussions, which should be on the
public ML anyway.  When it comes to applicants, we should respect them
enough to tell them why they are not ready yet.  MLs are good for
work, discussion, records, process, etc.  TUs do not do anything
critical enough to warrant a private ML.  We let the devs worry about
those things.

I can not speak for whether the arch-dev ML should be made more open.
I am not a developer and Wikileaks has not found any dirt there.  Of
course I would like to see more of what goes on.  And I could complain
about the current state of things, but then I'd just be annoying the
devs.

-Kyle
http://kmkeen.com