[aur-general] Merge of virtualbox_bin into virtualbox-bin

KESHAV P.R. skodabenz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 04:45:23 EDT 2011

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 14:10, Lukas Fleischer <archlinux at cryptocrack.de> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 10:35:34AM +0200, Seblu wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Can you merge virtualbox_bin into virtualbox-bin ?
>>
>> The reason are those requested by josephgbr in
>> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=9753
>>
>> <quote>
>> The reason I'm asking this is that every time I update my packages
>> with "yaourt -Syua", the package "virtualbox-ext-oracle" is listed
>> first than this package ('-' come first than '_') and I always have to
>> reinstall again after virtualbox_bin in order to work.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>> </quote>
>
> That reason is a bit ridiculous... Anyway, I renamed the package.
> "virtualbox-bin" seems to be a better name.

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but along with moving
votes and comments, how about moving notify lists of the old package
to the new one, along with maybe a package comment in the old package
mentioning that the old package has been renamed to new one (not
manually by the user but automatically by the AUR software, before
deleting the old one?

Regards.

Keshav