[aur-general] Christmas cleanup of [community]

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 21:39:13 EST 2011

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 5:15 PM, Alexander Rødseth <rodseth at gmail.com> wrote:
> Season's greetings,
>

> After the 13th of December (the 14th of December, then), we (TU's)
> will move all packages that are still orphans from [community] to
> unsupported (AUR). Maintaining [community] and unsupported are part of
> our mission. [10]

Please keep the ibus-related package in community.  They are required
for i18n support. I won't adopt them as I don't use them but I'll keep
an eye on them if they remain orphaned.  Ideally, a user who use them
should apply to become TU so they can get an actual maintainer.

Before removing anything , please make sure that they are not depends
or {make,opt}depends of other packages in the repos.

Thanks
Eric