[aur-general] AUR & Copyright

Gaetan Bisson bisson at archlinux.org
Sun Feb 6 15:56:25 EST 2011

[2011-02-06 13:22:20 -0700] Thomas S Hatch:
> Realy I think that this is a simple thing, that we should just post some
> statement that says that anything uploaded to the AUR can be absorbed into
> the Arch Linux distribution.

This disclaimer should not be limited to Arch, IMHO: sister projects
might also benefit from importing AUR stuff. I would suggest something
like:

"By uploading content to the Arch User Repository, you irrevocably agree
to release it in the public domain, to the extent permitted by law."

--
Gaetan