[aur-general] AUR & Copyright

Bernardo Barros bernardobarros2 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 16:28:38 EST 2011

2011/2/6 Gaetan Bisson <bisson at archlinux.org>:
> "By uploading content to the Arch User Repository, you irrevocably agree
> to release it in the public domain, to the extent permitted by law."

GPL would do no harm to Arch either. And pieces of code with less then
10 lines can't have any copyright. The difference in practice is
minimal, since it is very unlikely that this piece of code would
integrate a non-free software, even including big patches and tricky
things. The pratical differente I can see is the need to keep the
attribution when it makes sense. If you rewrite everything from
scratch, you are the author anyway.