[aur-general] Please help create package lib32-gobject-introspection

Det nimetonmaili at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 05:42:24 EST 2011

On 2/8/11, rafael ff1 <rafael.f.f1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
And hello to you too

> I'm trying to build gobject-introspection for lib32 version for my Arch64,
> but it is failing in the "configure" command saying that Python headers were
> not found. This 32 bit library package seems to be dependecy (not sure,
> though) for some lib32 packages (afaik "at-spi", "gconf", "polkit",
> "gstreamer0.10").
The 32-bit gobject-introspection would be a _make_ dependency
("makedepends=()"). That's why you won't see it in the regular
"depends=()" sections.

> ( Sorry for the size of the email. I thought it would be good to add some
> log messages and didn't know if attachment is allowed. PLEASE remove some
> lines when reply!)
Yeah, that's why we got pastebin: http://aur.pastebin.com/ - please
use that one in the future :).

> checking for headers required to compile python extensions... not found
> configure: error: Python headers not found
>     Aborting...
> [...]
> | #include <Python.h>
> configure:13361: result: not found
> configure:13363: error: Python headers not found
> (...)
You need 32-bit versions of gobject-introspection's dependencies too (lib32-):
depends=('libffi>=3.0.9' 'glib2>=2.27.93' 'python2')
makedepends=('cairo')
..and it seems "lib32-python2" doesn't even exist.