[aur-general] Wrong configuration of sigurd?

PyroPeter abi1789 at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 19 17:51:12 EST 2011

On 02/19/2011 08:33 PM, Heiko Baums wrote:
> Message: Vecna Scan
> Source: 208.92.232.29, 443
> Destination:84.63.127.8, 35567 (from PPPoE1 Inbound)

The only piece of information about "vecna scans" I could find is this:

http://www.mcabee.org/lists/snort-users/Feb-02/msg00294.html
 > "Vecna" is so named because the contributor who coded it into nmap,
 > if I remember correctly, goes by that name or userid.
 >
 > The combination of all TCP flags set is known as "Christmas Tree"
 > ("all lit up"), abbreviated in the Snort source code as FULLXMAS:
 >
 >         URG ACK PSH RST SYN FIN
 >
 > A subset is just known as annotated XMAS:
 >
 >         URG  *  PSH  *   *  FIN
 >
 > Both of these combinations are illegal TCP, but may confuse or
 > avoid IDS systems. What Vecna found was that several other illegal
 > combinations had the same effect:
 >
 >         URG  *   *   *   *   *
 >          *   *  PSH  *   *   *
 >         URG  *   *   *   *  FIN
 >          *   *  PSH  *   *  FIN
 >         URG  *  PSH  *   *   *

I sent http-requests to sigurd.archlinux.org and aur.archlinux.org,
but was unable to reproduce the problem (wireshark did not show illegal
flag combinations)

Regards, PyroPeter
--
freenode/pyropeter                                         ETAOIN SHRDLU