[aur-general] Packages up for adoption

Joel Heaton jheaton at archlinux.us
Wed Jan 12 16:52:37 EST 2011

On Wed, 2011-01-12 at 14:40 -0700, Gary Wright wrote:
> Hello to everyone on the AUR mailing list.
>
> Sadly, my job doing desktop support has evaporated (along with most of
> the tech jobs around town), leaving me with much, much less time to
> tend over my packages.  Its back to the menial retail life for me.
> But my loss is your gain!  I was watching over a few packages in the
> AUR, but now am forced to disown them, due to lack of time and energy.
>  (and a constant SSH connection to my boxes at home!)  Here is a list
> of PKGBUILDS followed by how many votes they have:
>
> archdark-gdm-theme 0.2-2 	120
> baobab 2.4.2-2 	                254
> gnomebaker 0.6.4-1 	        238
> monkey 0.11.0-1 	                9
> monkey-git 20100415-1 	        0
> mt-daapd 0.2.4.2-6 	                36
> win7multi-gdm-theme              10
>
> By the time this email hits the repeater, they should be disowned.
> Feel free to contact me at wriggary at gmail if you have any questions
> about these packages.
>
> -Gary

Hi Gary, a shame to hear that you can no longer maintain your packages
and even more so about your job. Hopefully, perhaps one day you might
return to the AUR as a package maintainer. Thank you for providing and
maintaining the Monkey packages, they've been very useful. I've adopted
these two and will continue to keep them up-to-date as long as I can. If
you do find time to maintain packages in the future and would like them
back, just give me a shout! :-)

Once again, thank you for the time that you invested and I wish you all
the best.

Kind regards,

Joel.