[aur-general] Please delete ttf-ms-extrafonts

Thomas S Hatch thatch45 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 13:04:09 EST 2011

2011/1/13 Christoph <chrdr at gmx.at>

> Am Donnerstag, 13. Januar 2011, 18:21:41 schrieb Peter Lewis:

> maintainer

> > > Slight OT, thanks for pointing out this package, I now have more font
> > > compatibility than previously =)
> >
> > Indeed!
> >
> > Even more OT, wouldn't it be kinda cool if there was a mailing list or
> > something where people could post simply with news of new packages? I
> can't
> > imagine it would be very high traffic, but it would be interesting to
> read
> > in order to try new software out.
>
> "AUR Home" tells me:
> Packages added or updated in the past 7 days:   2804
>
> This makes an average of 400 per day, 16 per hour...
> In my opinion that's too many...
>
> Cheers, Christoph

I thought that the community contributions was the place to post about new
packages, thats where I put info about things like varch and libguestfs, but
I agree, some sort of pipe to talk about the new packages would be a nice
thing to have, while I recognize the scope of adoptions and package updates
I still think it is worth consideration.

-Tom Hatch