[aur-general] TU Application - Seblu

Lukas Fleischer archlinux at cryptocrack.de
Sun Jan 16 16:15:50 EST 2011

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 09:55:09PM +0100, Seblu wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 9:43 PM, Jelle van der Waa <jelle at vdwaa.nl> wrote:
> > On Sun, 2011-01-16 at 21:37 +0100, Seblu wrote:
> >> [...]
> >> arptables
> >> awesome
> >> conntrack-tools
> >> ebtables
> >> ferm
> >> fstrim
> >> lsscsi
> >> mtr-cli
> >> nload
> >> opera
> >> scsiadd
> >> ulogd
> >> vconfig
> >
> > Just on a side note: opera, mtr are already in [community].  And i don't
> > think awesomewm can be in [community] because of the dependency
> > cairo-xcb.
> My bad, opera is in community now :)
>
> mtr package is in community, not mtr-tiny, which is a version of mtr
> without gtk (and its dependency)
>
> About awesome and cairo-xcb, i hope Jan, will accept to add
> --enable-xcb in configure in cairo extra package to enable xcb
> support.
>
> There may be reasons to include or not these packages that I did not
> see. In this case I would abstain.

awesome and cairo-xcb have been moved from [extra]/[community] to
[unsupported] some months ago, check the related thread on
arch-dev-public [1] and awesome AUR comments if you're interested in the
reasons.

I'm not sure what to do with mtr-cli. It provides the same functionality
as mtr without the Gtk stuff, so I guess people are either supposed to
build it using the ABS or use an AUR package. I'm not sure what we do
with "flavoured" packages anyway. There are some of them in [community],
like [2]. Furthermore, mtr-cli is currently maintained by Bluewind who's
a TU. So even if we decide to move it, he'll probably maintain it
himself.

fstrim has only 3 votes. Any special reasons for still moving it to
[community]?

[1]
http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2010-September/017852.html
[2] http://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/i686/emacs-nox/