[aur-general] TU Application - Seblu

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Mon Jan 17 00:34:23 EST 2011

Am Sun, 16 Jan 2011 23:16:58 -0600
schrieb Brad Fanella <bradfanella at archlinux.us>:

> On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 7:39 PM, Martti Kühne <mysatyre at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>

> > I find this a really good idea, there is no reason for mtr to
> > require X to be running. So I suggest moving mtr-gtk into aur and
> > having a "sane" mtr package using the cli interface (on which ARCH
> > users are so keen :-P -- ).
> >
> > mar77i
> >

> Why do you suggest that? Can't we have "mtr" (which is the CLI
> version) and "mtr-gtk" in the repos? Just curious.

I haven't read the whole thread, but this is indeed so easy. Just create
a split package mtr which builds the two packages mtr-cli and mtr-gtk.
mtr-cli could then be removed from AUR.

A request for such a split package should be filed to flyspray as a bug
report or feature request for the package mtr from [extra]. And the
removal request for the AUR package mtr-cli would then belong to this
mailing list.

Heiko