[aur-general] TU Application - Seblu

Grigorios Bouzakis grbzks at xsmail.com
Fri Jan 21 14:10:18 EST 2011

Seblu wrote:
> It looks like a trick question!
> But if I want to be a good maintainer, I do understand the reasons.
>
> and **The trust does not exclude the audit.**

Excuse me for asking but is there anything preventing you from moving
cairo-xcb to community if you become a TU?
As far as i know if you become a TU you can maintain anything you want
that has more than 10 votes in the AUR.
In the past theres been many patched beyond recongnition packages in
community eg. many packages with lcd patches from ubuntu, urxvt with 256
colour support and many other patches included etc.
AFAIK the reason awesome was removed from community was that JGC removed
the cairo backend from the package in extra AND the awesome maintainer
didnt want to maintain a cairo-xcb package himself.
If he did awesome would still be in community...

Greg