[aur-general] Proposal for the reinstatement of AUR Cleanup Day.

Lukas Fleischer archlinux at cryptocrack.de
Tue Jan 25 13:20:52 EST 2011

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 11:14:39AM -0700, Thomas S Hatch wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 10:59 AM, Lukas Fleischer
> <archlinux at cryptocrack.de>wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 10:43:20AM -0700, Thomas S Hatch wrote:
> > > I would also ask, is there a way to generate a list of packages that have
> > > been flaged out of date for more than n days?
> >
> > Yes, there is. We did something similar during the last AUR cleanup
> > (about three months ago iirc) to delete all packages that have been
> > flagged for a long time. We also pushed a patch to aur.git [1] that
> > adds out-of-date timestamps to packages in the package details view
> > which might make life for TUs (and users as well) a bit easier (will be
> > in 1.8.0).
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > [1]
> >
> > http://projects.archlinux.org/aur.git/commit/?id=eda713032ce9bed773b6c927b2f6ac4b445fe577
> > [2] https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/16831
> >

> Excellent, Thanks Lukas!

Actually, I was mistaken. The last AUR mass cleanup was based on the
last package action, last maintainer action and the out-of-date flag
(not the out-of-date timestamp), as there are no out-of-date timestamps
in the current stable release of the AUR. The commit I linked to in my
last mail adds such a field to the DB tho. So this'll be in 1.8.0 :)