[aur-general] AUR deletion button.

Peter Lewis plewis at aur.archlinux.org
Wed Jan 26 06:22:28 EST 2011

Hi Lukas,

On Tuesday 25 January 2011 17:59:21 Lukas Fleischer wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 10:43:20AM -0700, Thomas S Hatch wrote:
> > I would also ask, is there a way to generate a list of packages that have
> > been flaged out of date for more than n days?
>
> Yes, there is. We did something similar during the last AUR cleanup
> (about three months ago iirc) to delete all packages that have been
> flagged for a long time. We also pushed a patch to aur.git [1] that
> adds out-of-date timestamps to packages in the package details view
> which might make life for TUs (and users as well) a bit easier (will be
> in 1.8.0).

+1 to this, a TU dashboard like that would be awesome.

> There is a feature request for a "Flag for deletion" button [2], feel
> free to join the discussion in the comments section. I'll look into that
> later. This probably won't go into 1.8.0 tho.

I did a bit of work on this particular feature a few months ago and there was
some discussion and there are also some patches on aur-dev. These probably
need looking at again - but should work. I haven't had time recently since
starting my new job :-(

Here was some of the discussion:

http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-dev/2010-September/001204.html

Here were the latest patches I wrote:

http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-dev/2010-September/001231.html
http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-dev/2010-September/001230.html
http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-dev/2010-September/001229.html
http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-dev/2010-September/001228.html
http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-dev/2010-September/001227.html

And here was an example mail that would be sent (similar emails get sent to
aur-general, the maintainer and the notify list):

http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-dev/2010-September/001232.html

The latest was that Loui wanted to deprecate pkgedit.php, and that's where I'd
implemented it! It seemed sensible to me to put the form to collect the
reasons for the deletion request from the user in there.

These might not be how you want to do it, but given that I don't have enough
time right now, they might help someone get started :-)

Pete.