[aur-general] PCSX2 Plugins folder - suggestion?

rafael ff1 rafael.f.f1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 22:32:22 EDT 2011

2011/7/14 Justin Davis <jrcd83 at gmail.com>:
> I think that you mean /usr/lib/pcsx2 instead of /var/lib/pcsx2. (...)

Indeed, thanks for correcting me.

> Using two different folders depending on the host architecture is
> overly complicated. The advantage of a "lib32" directory name is to
> separate lib32 dynamic libs from 64-bit dynamic libs right? There's no
> need to separate plugins if there is no chance of them getting
> accidentally used. They cannot be passively used but must be actively
> sought out in the predefined location. I don't use multilib so I may
> be wrong.

It happens that if you are in 64-bit Arch, you will build for PCSX2
32-bit plugins. If you are in 32-bit Arch, you will also build 32-bit
plugins. The difference is that [multilib] system (only for 64-bit
system) has 32-bit lib files at /usr/lib32 - separated from 64-bit lib
files.

If the plugins are 32-bit, it's logical to put them in /usr/lib/pcsx2
in 32-bit system. But in 64-bit system, I'm not sure if they whether I
should put them in /usr/lib or /usrlib32/ (inside "pcsx2" folder, of
course).

Installing this package's plugin folder differently according to
architecture seems weird. - I could be wrong.

> --
> -Justin

Rafael