[aur-general] Delete request

Mason Larobina mason.larobina at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 06:12:56 EDT 2011

2011/6/11 Lukáš Jirkovský <l.jirkovsky at gmail.com>:
> On 11 June 2011 10:21, cantabile <cantabile.desu at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 06/10/2011 05:56 PM, jwbirdsong wrote:
>>>
>>> With a heavy heart (and mixed emotions) i request deletion of my pkg
>>> luakit-git.  http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=39516
>>>
>>> W/ recent addition of luakit to community; Mason(developer) wishes we
>>> archers to use only community and/or luakit-develop-git so he is
>>> discontinue git branch for our luakit-git.
>>
>> What? My copy of the luakit-git package (which is now gone from the aur >.<
>> ) pulls from git://github.com/mason-larobina/luakit.git
>> Your package luakit-develop-git [1] pulls from
>> git://github.com/mason-larobina/luakit.git. So which branch is going to be
>> discontinued? :whistle:
>>
>> The two packages don't look substantially different, so why delete this one
>> and not the other? What does [1] have that the now-defunct luakit-git
>> didn't?
>>
>> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=40084
>>
>> P.S. It's possible that my copy of luakit-git was a bit old and the more
>> recent versions pulled from a different repo, in which case please ignore
>> this message.
>> --
>> cantabile
>>
>> "Jayne is a girl's name." -- River
>>

> luakit-git is IMO a better name than luakit-develop-git. Also
> luakit-git seems to have a bit cleaner PKGBUILD. For the reference,
> luakit-git can be accessed from the:
> http://pkgbuild.com/git/aur.git/tree/luakit-git/PKGBUILD
>
> Lukas

Maybe I can help (as the luakit author).

Ideally luakit-git should be the development checkout of luakit
however it was setup to track the master branch. The "problem" here is
that I use the master branch to point to the latest stable release and
do all the development, merging & testing in the develop branch.

So there is no difference between luakit-git and the [community]
version thus the removal request.

Perhaps this deletion request should be for luakit-develop-git and we
update luakit-git to track the develop branch.

I've also got some PKGBUILD updates here which fix parallel building &
cleanup the make options.

  https://gist.github.com/960496

What do we want to do?

- Mason