[aur-general] Delete request

Lukáš Jirkovský l.jirkovsky at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 06:35:07 EDT 2011

> Maybe I can help (as the luakit author).
>
> Ideally luakit-git should be the development checkout of luakit
> however it was setup to track the master branch. The "problem" here is
> that I use the master branch to point to the latest stable release and
> do all the development, merging & testing in the develop branch.
>
> So there is no difference between luakit-git and the [community]
> version thus the removal request.
>
> Perhaps this deletion request should be for luakit-develop-git and we
> update luakit-git to track the develop branch.
>
> I've also got some PKGBUILD updates here which fix parallel building &
> cleanup the make options.
>
>  https://gist.github.com/960496
>
> What do we want to do?
>
> - Mason

Hello Mason,
thank you for the explanation, it certainly cleared things up.
Moreover now I see the luakit-git used git -b master to explicitly
update to master, which I didn't notice before.

I'm in favor of deleting luakit-devel-git and updating the luakit-git
to checkout the "develop" branch. The -git packages normally
represents the development version, so adding -devel- can be
considered superfluous. And it needs more typing.

cantabille, jwbirdsong: is that OK with you? But you would need to
decide who is going to develop the luakit-git package.

Lukas