[aur-general] Store projects snapshots on sigurd

Florian Pritz bluewind at server-speed.net
Sun Mar 27 02:31:47 EDT 2011

On 03/27/2011 01:05 AM, Andrea Scarpino wrote:
> VCS PKGBUILDs in officials repositories should use a snapshot of the
> project and shouldn't fetch the sources directly from git;

Why? Fetching git and checking out a specific commit is easier than
creating and uploading tarballs. It's also easier to figure out which
commit the repo package is using.

> neither the
> snapshot tarball created by git (checksum changes every time).

Are you talking about the tarballs created by web interfaces (cgit,
hgweb, gitweb, ..)? Afaik the checksum is the same if you specify which
commit you want to get. If you just go with HEAD/tip it will change of
course.

> Then, we just set up ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/other/community/ , so our
> TUs can store their snapshots.
> Please fix your PKGBUILD to use it, but also please *do not* abuse of
> it: few space left on sigurd.

Mirroring the complete (git/hg/bzr) repo should waste less space after
some time because we don't have lots of redundant data (files that don't
change between releases).

--
Florian Pritz -- {flo,bluewind}@server-speed.net