[aur-general] sanity check / review my first AUR package

Taylor Venable taylor at metasyntax.net
Sun May 8 21:44:01 EDT 2011

Hi everybody, I just started using Arch a few weeks ago, and I've been
mightily impressed. I want to help out, so I started looking in the
AUR for things to do. I noticed that there doesn't seem to be a
package for the devel version of SWI-Prolog. The stable release is in
[community], and there are git snapshots in AUR, but they are old and
unowned. So I created a package for the development release. The devel
release is distinct from a git snapshot, which is why I created a
separate package, rather than updating the git snapshot one. Since
there are development releases, I don't personally find git snapshots
to be that useful.

I wanted to make sure I'm doing this correctly, so if you have the
time to take a look for me I'd appreciate it. Any guidance will be
welcomed. I basically copied the [community] package's PKGBUILD and
modified the necessary properties. I only have x86_64 machines, so
I've not checked i686, but the resulting binary package does work for
me. Since I wanted to get a little review before submitting it, the
package can be found on my website:
http://metasyntax.net/swi-prolog-devel-5.11.20-1.src.tar.gz

Thanks,

--