[aur-general] sanity check / review my first AUR package

rafael ff1 rafael.f.f1 at gmail.com
Sun May 8 21:58:49 EDT 2011

2011/5/8 Taylor Venable <taylor at metasyntax.net>:
> Hi everybody, I just started using Arch a few weeks ago, and I've been
> mightily impressed. I want to help out, so I started looking in the
> AUR for things to do. I noticed that there doesn't seem to be a
> package for the devel version of SWI-Prolog. The stable release is in
> [community], and there are git snapshots in AUR, but they are old and
> unowned. So I created a package for the development release. The devel
> release is distinct from a git snapshot, which is why I created a
> separate package, rather than updating the git snapshot one. Since
> there are development releases, I don't personally find git snapshots
> to be that useful.
>
> I wanted to make sure I'm doing this correctly, so if you have the
> time to take a look for me I'd appreciate it. Any guidance will be
> welcomed. I basically copied the [community] package's PKGBUILD and
> modified the necessary properties. I only have x86_64 machines, so
> I've not checked i686, but the resulting binary package does work for
> me. Since I wanted to get a little review before submitting it, the
> package can be found on my website:
> http://metasyntax.net/swi-prolog-devel-5.11.20-1.src.tar.gz
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Taylor C. Venable
> http://metasyntax.net/

Looks good - I didn't compile it though. Just fyi, you can share
PKGBUILDs in mail list using http://pastebin.com/ with BASH syntax
highlighting, instead of compressed tarball.

I advise you to always run namcap after building packages and before
uploading to AUR. It helps a lot! (Ex: to find missing dependency in
"depends" array) See more in Namcap wiki.

Welcome aboard!

-- Rafael