[aur-general] Request for assistance with a PKGBUILD

Joel Heaton jheaton at archlinux.us
Wed May 11 17:49:50 EDT 2011

On 11 May 2011 22:38, jesse jaara <jesse.jaara at gmail.com> wrote:
> Make install will try to imstall to system sbd not into a packagefile. Make
> DESTDIR=$pkgdir install will instead tell make to install imto pkg dir
> instesd so we can make a tarball wit the lib in it, woch we can install

Hi Jesse, thank you for the prompt response. I should have mentioned,
I have tried what you have suggested and get the same issue; I believe
this is because certain directories are specified in Makefile.inc as
follows:

PREFIX=/usr
LIB_DIR=${PREFIX}/lib
INC_DIR=${PREFIX}/include
SHARE_DIR=${PREFIX}/share
BIN_DIR=${PREFIX}/bin

I could be wrong, but that seems to be the case, because when the
following line is run, it still attempts to use those directories
rather than creating them within the package directory:

${CC} -DLIB_DIR=\"${LIB_DIR}\" -DINC_DIR=\"${INC_DIR}\" -o
${BIN_DIR}/tsdl-config ${SRC_DIR}tools/getlibs.c

Again, though, I could be wrong about that, having never made nor
researched Makefiles in any detail.

Regards,

Joel.