[aur-general] Request for assistance with a PKGBUILD

Dave Reisner d at falconindy.com
Wed May 11 17:51:48 EDT 2011

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 12:38:59AM +0300, jesse jaara wrote:
> Make install will try to imstall to system sbd not into a packagefile. Make
> DESTDIR=$pkgdir install will instead tell make to install imto pkg dir
> instesd so we can make a tarball wit the lib in it, woch we can install

DESTDIR is only useful if the Makefile honors it, which this one does
not. Upstream here has also decided to put a _compile_ rule in an
_install_ target which is simply insane.

Honestly, the easiest route here is to munge the Makefile and/or provide
your own. You should also complain to upstream that their Makefile is
_not_ package friendly.

regards,
dave