[aur-general] TU Application - Massimiliano Torromeo

Massimiliano Torromeo massimiliano.torromeo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 13:20:41 EDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 7:02 PM, Thomas S Hatch <thatch45 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I hope I did not derail this too much, your packages look good, and your
> github account is very impressive! It looks like you have the motivation and
> the competency to help maintain and uphold the Arch way .

Thanks!

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 7:12 PM, Stefan Husmann
<stefan-husmann at t-online.de> wrote:
> Massimiliano, I saw you have some ruby packages in your github repo, but
> you did not mention ruby as a language you have skills in. I think we lack
> someone with that skill.

My experience with ruby so far has been more from the side of a
sysadmin. As a developer I have basic knowledge of the language to
understand what's going on, and even to patch code when there is need
for it.
I would dare to say that I have basic knowledge of most of the more
popular languages, except for functional programming which I really
can't get myself to like at all.

> I maintain pngcrush in AUR and thought myself to bring it to [community].
> The main reason for not doing so was that we have optipng there, which does
> entirely the same as pngcrush.

I didn't know about optipng, I will check into it, and since there is
already a TU behind pngcrush I will probably leave it out of the list
then.