[aur-general] TU Application - Massimiliano Torromeo

Stefan Husmann stefan-husmann at t-online.de
Mon Oct 3 13:12:47 EDT 2011

Am 03.10.2011 18:39, schrieb Sven-Hendrik Haase:
> On 03.10.2011 18:32, Massimiliano Torromeo wrote:
>>> Please don't do this. provides and conflicts, yes, but there's no
>>> reason this should be forced as an upgrade path for mysql users. Using
>>> replaces here is just as good as killing it off entirely. Users still
>>> have a choice -- don't take it away from them.
>>>
>>> dave
>> Sorry, I got confused, my mistake. Only provides, of course!
> No, make it provides and conflicts. That is the way we handle
> alternative but conflicting choices of packages.

Wow what an outcry! I think he got it!

Massimiliano, I saw you have some ruby packages in your github repo, but
you did not mention ruby as a language you have skills in. I think we lack
someone with that skill.

Sven-Hendrik, do you sponsor Massimiliano? And do you mind to let the
discussion period begin? (Yes, I am a nitpicker)

I maintain pngcrush in AUR and thought myself to bring it to [community].
The main reason for not doing so was that we have optipng there, which does
entirely the same as pngcrush.

Regards Stefan