[aur-general] Duplicate version of blinks-darcs in the AUR

Martti Kühne mysatyre at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 17:11:29 EDT 2011

On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 10:27 PM, merp boop <synthead1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Before I sound like anything I'm not!
>
> - I don't really care about politics
> - I hate drama
> - I try my best to conform to standards in contributed work
> - I appreciate everyone that contributes to Arch
> - I understand that one can become emotionally invested in their efforts
>
> That being said, another user created a package in the AUR called
> 'blink', which is basically a copy of my package, 'blink-darcs'.  This
> wouldn't cause any issues if 'blink' built from an archive of sources
> and didn't use darcs to pull the sources, but that's not the case.
> What's your opinion on this?  How should this be handled?
>
> -Max

IMO one of the packages can be removed. I guess yours could be updated
using the current python2 which the blink package of speps is based
on. On the other hand, upstream is not offering its software through a
channel different from darcs, which leads me to favoring a package
name without a postfix. please come to an agreement with speps, and/or
let your package be removed to blink-python26...

cheers!
mar77i