[aur-general] Dynamically evaluating md5sum value in PKGBUILD

Dan Vratil dan at progdan.cz
Thu Oct 27 18:18:32 EDT 2011

On Thursday 27 October 2011 15:36:57 Maciej Sitarz wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm maintaining hunspell-pl AUR package
> (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=44331).
> The problem with the package is that the maintainer of the source
> provides only the latest(daily) tarball snapshot. The md5sum of the
> tarball changes daily and the old files are removed.
>
> The packages is very often marked as 'outdated' and I'm asked to update
> it, both via comments and email.
> Some users propose to use dynamic values for pkgver= and md5sum=, but I
> think it's not a good way.
>
> Current PKGBUILD is:
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/hu/hunspell-pl/PKGBUILD
> Proposed PKGBUILD:
> http://pastebin.com/bQCafYGt
>
> What would you suggest to do? I think the best way would be to include
> the package in extra, but I'm not sure if it has enough votes.
>
> Thanks
>
> Best regards

Hi,

What about contacting the maintainer if he would be willing to provide md5
checksums together with the tarball? You would be able to wget the file and
it's checksum from the build() function then.

I know it's not the best solution, but it would solve your problems and it
does not require any external hosting or further automation....

Regards

Dan

--
---
Dan Vrátil
dan at progdan.cz
Jabber: progdan at jabber.cz

Tento email neobsahuje žádné viry, protože odesílatel nepoužívá
Windows. / This email does not contain any viruses because the sender does not
use  Windows.