[aur-general] TU application

Jonathan Steel jsteel at vorx.com
Sat Oct 29 09:35:30 EDT 2011

>Any reason you didn't send removal requests for those packages to
>aur-general?

>... you never sent any mail to the mailing lists

>How long have you been maintaining your AUR packages for?

It was just a few months ago I started adopting and updating packages. I
wasn't sure how involved I could get with other people's packages (removals,
changes etc.) and assumed I needed to be a TU to get more involved. I wasn't
sure how likely that would be, but I thought I would at least let you know
there was interest and that help was available if needed. I've learned I can
already get more involved through this mailing list so I'm sure you will now
hear from me from time to time regardless of the outcome of this
application.

>Just out of interest, where in the UK are you based? (I'm in Birmingham.)

Quite far away; South Buckinghamshire.

>Looking at what we have, I have a few suggestions

Thanks for the tips, I will begin tidying these up. Should any change of the
PKGBUILD justify a new release (pkgrel)? Or only if it alters the end
package?